Donald B. Garvey
- General Business Law
- Real Estate Law
- Commercial Litigation
- Wills and Trusts
Don Garvey is a well-rounded business and real estate attorney with over 45 years of experience. He has represented businesses and entrepreneurs in the manufacturing industry, construction industry, travel industry, retail industry and a substantial number of service industries. He has advised clients on the formation of their business entity, maintaining, and operating their businesses, and the eventual sale of their businesses. He has always actively practiced real estate law, handling the negotiation of contracts and closings for residential, commercial, and industrial properties.
In addition to the foregoing, Don is a seasoned commercial litigator, having tried cases to judgment in both jury and bench trials. Contract disputes, mechanics' lien claims, shareholder and partnership disputes, injunctions, employment disputes and real property disputes are among the types of cases he has successfully handled. He has kept up with the modern e-discovery methods as well, and has handled Appellate litigation.
Finally, Don also drafts wills and trusts for his clients and advises them on their estate planning needs.
- Northwestern University School of Law, Chicago, Illinois
- J.D. - 1975
- Loyola University, Chicago, Illinois
- B.A. - 1972
- Honors: Cum Laude
- Honors: With High Honors
- Major: Philosophy
- Bishop & Crawford, Employee, 1979 to 1989
- Bishop Rossi Garvey & Scarlati, Partner, 1990 to 1994
- Illinois Bar Association, Member, 1975 to Present
- Chicago Bar Association, Member, 1975 to Present
- DuPage County Bar Association, Member, 1979 to Present
- Illinois Real Estate Lawyers Association, Member, 2019 to Present
- Illinois, 1975
- U.S. District Court Northern District of Illinois, 1975
- Supreme Court of the United States of America, 1982